|NEW RULE FOR THIS ROUND: The minion you write up has to serve a certain type or kind of petty god (e.g., a petty god with a particular domain, a petty god of a certain race, etc.), rather than serving a particular petty god.|
Thanks to the last couple of speed rounds, and the folks who rose to the challenge (Garrison James, Eric Potter, Matthew Schmeer, and E.T. Smith), as well as David Baymiller at the OSR Library for granting the use of a couple of Lovecraftian races, the "Minions/Knights/Servitors" section of the Expanded Petty Gods book is really starting to shape up. So, I figure one more "Speed Round" challenge and the "Minions/Knights/Servitors"section should be in good enough shape to start layout this week.
Today, we have a leftover illustration from yesterday, an inking I did of a PD image by Franz Graf von Pocci (because the image was too compromised to use as-is), a classic Arthur Rackham piece, an another inking I did of a PD image by Byam Shaw (also because the image was too compromised to use as-is).
Here are the rules...
1. The first person who claims an image via a comment below (one claim at a time per person, please) gets to write it up. (But additional claimers will be considered "Backups" per #5 below.)
2. You have to complete the write-up and email it to pgcopy(at)newbigdragon(dot)com by midnight PST tonight (Saturday night).
3. If there's no entry in my inbox when I check email tomorrow (Sunday) morning, I will take the entry away and give a chance to the first backup (i.e., second person who claimed an entry) and they will have until midnight PST Sunday night to complete the write-up and email it.
4. If no entry is received from the first backup by the time I check email Monday morning, I may or may not pull the option off the table.
5. If you have already completed an entry, you are eligible to be a backup (please express that interest when making your first claim). Otherwise, you may only be working on 1 claim at a time. If you want to be considered for more than 1, please list them in order of preference.
6. Use the Lab Lord format for entries as described in the previous Minions/Knights/Servitors post.
Who are these four-legged, hand-footed, spear-toting dudes? Who do they serve? Abilities? Defenses?
What in the hell is this? How are they used? Guardians? Steeds? Something else entirely? Do they speak? If so, what language(s). How does the single eye affect their combat abilities?
What are you going to do with this rather generic looking impish creature to keep it from being a bland minion?
Who are these angelic (demonic?) archers? Who do they serve? What do their arrows do? Is that a short sword or a long dagger? You know the drill.