|CONTINUED RULE FOR THIS ROUND: Unlike the last few rounds, this round the minion you write up may serve a particular petty god (that rule has been off the table the last couple of rounds), but they may also serve a certain type or kind of petty god (e.g., a petty god with a particular domain, a petty god of a certain race, etc., instead of serving a particular petty god). If the minion serves a particular petty god, please make sure that god is already included in the book (I'd rather not have to work a new god entry in to justify a minion); you're also welcome to ask me to recommend a god based on your concept. If you make them serve a particular type of petty god, and I know there's an entry for that type of god, I may connect the minion with that petty god when the minion copy gets put into the layout.|
Today's speed round (as yesterday's speed round) is brought to you courtesy of Jason Sholtis. With today's round, and hopefully 1-1/2 more rounds (I'll explain the half-round later), the content for the "Minions/Knights/Servitors" section will close in a few days having just topped 100 entries. I would be REALLY happy with that number!
Here are the rules...
1. The first person who claims an image via a comment below (one claim at a time per person, please) gets to write it up. (But additional claimers will be considered "Backups" per #4 below.)
2. You have to complete the write-up and email it to pgcopy(at)newbigdragon(dot)com by midnight PST tonight (Saturday night).
3. If there's no entry in my inbox when I check email tomorrow (Sunday) morning, I will take the entry away and give a chance to the first backup (i.e., second person who claimed an entry) and they will have until midnight PST Sunday night to complete the write-up and email it.
4. If you have already completed an entry, you are eligible to be a backup (please express that interest when making your first claim). Otherwise, you may only be working on 1 claim at a time. If you want to be considered for more than 1, please list them in order of preference.
5. Use the Lab Lord format for entries as described in the previous Minions/Knights/Servitors post.
Utilized by the Lords of Bloodshed to seek revenge against survivors of battle, these tiny leeches strike in the dead of night, carefully using long, slender legs to burrow slowly and unnoticed into any exposed orifice, such as open wound, ear, anus, or most often – nostril, while a victim is sleeping.
The Milduitic are found impassively guarding remote desert tombs and temples in honor of various insectoid gods and godlets. Created for, and tasked with, this role, they are above bribery and will resolutely defend their responsibility with force of arms.
Ouster Apes, AKA Jungle Cyclops
Ouster Apes serve as protectors for petty gods located in a sub-tropical environment. These large creatures are distinguishable from other apes by their shaggy, almost mangy, unkempt fur and their prominent large single eye.
Ggiyy, Eidolon Knight of Hate
It is little known that the Jale God employs twelve knights to protect the 12 Eidolons scattered across the world and ensure their separation. Ggiyy, the Eidolon Knight of Hate, may be one of the only knights whose identity is fully known, as he is a frequent visitor to magical academies and royal courts throughout the realms.