Friday, December 5, 2014

Petty Gods "Minions Speed Round" Challenge #2

VERY IMPORTANT! PLEASE DO NOT WORK ON A WRITE-UP UNLESS YOU FIRST CLAIM IT HERE (VIA COMMENTS), AND I OFFICIALLY ACKNOWLEDGE YOU AS THE CLAIMANT!

Since I think the "Minions/Knights/Servitors" section of the Expanded Petty Gods book could use a few more entries, and I don't want to have to struggle with getting artwork, I'm going to throw out a few more pre-done illustrations and issue another "Speed Round" challenge to write them up. 2 of the image below are by me, and the other 2 are from Wikimedia Commons.

Here are the rules...
1. The first person who claims an image via a comment below (one claim per person, please) gets to write it up. (But additional claimers will be considered "Backups" per #5 below.)

2. You have to complete write-up and email it to pgcopy(at)newbigdragon(dot)com by midnight PST tonight (Friday night).

3. If there's no entry in my inbox when I check email tomorrow (Saturday) morning, I will take the entry away and give a chance to the first backup (i.e., second person who claimed an entry) and they will have until midnight PST Saturday night to complete the write-up and email it.

4. If no entry is received from the first backup by the time I check email Sunday morning, I'll go to the second backup (third claimer) who has until Midnight PST Sunday.

5. If you have already completed an entry, you are eligible to be a backup (please express that interest when making your first claim). Otherwise, you may only be working on 1 claim at a time. If you want to be considered for more than 1, please list them in order of preference.

6. Use the Lab Lord format for entries as described in the previous Minions/Knights/Servitors post.


MINIONS SPEED ROUND OPTION #1:
Who are these four-legged, hand-footed, spear-toting dudes? Who do they serve? Abilities? Defenses? [holding for speed round #3]

MINIONS SPEED ROUND OPTION #2:
What are these four-fingered, muscle-bound behemoths? Who do they serve? Abilities? Defenses? Do their eyes do anything special?
[completed/received]

MINIONS SPEED ROUND OPTION #3:
Who is this serpent-killing ronin drawn by Utagawa Kuniyoshi? What makes him so special that he is worthy to serve a god (or gods) directly? What are his accomplishments? Are there any special magic items he possesses?
[completed/received]


MINIONS SPEED ROUND OPTION #4:
Who are this couple illustrated by Reidar Kjelsen? Are they unique? Or are they just one example of a group of minions that come in pairs? Who do they serve? Honestly, I'd rather not ask too many more questions about this one, for fear of limiting the creativity to be had with it!
[completed/received]

7 comments:

  1. What the hell; I see potential in the snake-riding samurai. I'll take a shot at this speed-writing challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi E.T., the google.doc format you sent is giving me trouble (won't open, and only shows some link information when open, and when I use the link it tells me I need permission). Could you please copy the content from the google.doc, paste it into the body of an email, and send that? Sorry for the trouble. Thanks!

      Richard

      Delete
  2. Hell, I'll take #2, too, since no one is answering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it. I'll throw #1 back out tomorrow morning, maybe with another couple of new options.

      Delete