|ADJUSTED RULE FOR THIS ROUND: Unlike the last few rounds, this round the minion you write up may serve a particular petty god (that rule has been off the table the last couple of rounds), but they may also serve a certain type or kind of petty god (e.g., a petty god with a particular domain, a petty god of a certain race, etc., instead of serving a particular petty god). If the minion serves a particular petty god, please make sure that god is already included in the book (I'd rather not have to work a new god entry in to justify a minion). If you make them serve a particular type of petty god, and I know there's an entry for that type of god, I may connect the minion with that petty god when the minion copy gets put into the layout.|
Today's speed round is brought to you courtesy of Jason Sholtis, who is searching for some more images (so hopefully we'll have a "round 2" of his work over the weekend). In the last week, the minions list has grown by about 25 entries. With today's round, and hopefully 2 more rounds, the content for the "Minions/Knights/Servitors" section will close at the beginning of next week having just topped 100 entries. I would be REALLY happy with that number!
Here are the rules...
1. The first person who claims an image via a comment below (one claim at a time per person, please) gets to write it up. (But additional claimers will be considered "Backups" per #4 below.)
2. You have to complete the write-up and email it to pgcopy(at)newbigdragon(dot)com by midnight PST tonight (Friday night).
3. If there's no entry in my inbox when I check email tomorrow (Saturday) morning, I will take the entry away and give a chance to the first backup (i.e., second person who claimed an entry) and they will have until midnight PST Saturday night to complete the write-up and email it.
4. If you have already completed an entry, you are eligible to be a backup (please express that interest when making your first claim). Otherwise, you may only be working on 1 claim at a time. If you want to be considered for more than 1, please list them in order of preference.
5. Use the Lab Lord format for entries as described in the previous Minions/Knights/Servitors post.
Myrmidons of Paranoid Gods
The Myrmidons of Paranoid Gods are cyclopean android-demon servitors of evolved machine intelligences. These intelligences are always petty (in every sense of the word) gods, are invariably paranoid, and all too often entirely mad.
Guardians of Laam
Descended from ruined seed of Mi-go that fused with an unnamed reptilian race in eons past, Guardians of Laam protect the incubating eggs of Pherosathoola, the Petty Goddess of Sexual Fear. "Laam" is the term for embryonic succubi; these creatures do not have a name for themselves and so are often referred to simply as "Guardians".
Mother of all Minions
This poor, childless servant of the petty goddesses of fertility has taken it upon herself to become caretaker to all minions everywhere.
[I received three total entries for this—the one above by Eric Potter, one by Paul Wolfe, and another by Vance Atkins. The other two have been edited slightly, and will appear as minions, but with different illustrations.]
These unfortunate souls are devout defenders of Ogrimox, the petty god of purulent skin conditions. “Blessed” by his loving touch, these fierce warriors main intent is to spread the dominion of their god.