Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Trying to keep other things moving...

Obviously, the Expanded Petty Gods project is on the front burner... and in the oven... and there's plenty of stuff still in bowls and mixers on the counter... but I am trying to keep other things moving.

I just sent out what is officially version "Beta 3c" of the Basic Psionics Handbook to the readers/playtesters. I'm feeling REALLY good about where this is. The revisions have generally moved from the "sweeping" type (e.g., reworking the psionic combat methodology) to the "tweaking" type (e.g., the latest round refined a lot of the ability descriptions).

Weekend schedule willing, I'm hoping to dig back into the Creature Compendium Saturday evening/Sunday day. There's not terribly much to be done here--especially when I compare the amount of work remaining on it to the work that I've put in on the EPG project over the last month, and how much more is yet to come. For the CC, the revisions consist mostly some consistency edits, a handful of clarifications, the addition of a tad more "flavor" to a handful of entries, and then a full round of proofreading. My goal, even with the Expanded Petty Gods project going on, was to release the Creature Compendium mid-December. Fingers crossed, that could still happen.

6 comments:

  1. It is with tongue firmly in cheek that I ask about the Community Geomorph Project. (ducks thrown items)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not dead. I promise. Welbo has harping me about this. Lemme get these three things out, and it will be next priority.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just holler at me if I can do anything to help. Edit, proof, sketch.

      Delete
    2. Will do. Compared to EPG, anything afterwards will seem like a breeze. Honestly having laid out some 250+ pages over the last month or so, even editing the Creature Compendium's 90 or so pages will likely seem like a walk in the park.

      Delete
  3. Any update on the psionics progress?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Making some tweaks here and there as I receive input. But will likely reach out for some additional playtesters in the next month or so, and try to get this out in April or May (tentatively).

      Delete