Friday, June 1, 2012

d30 Feature of the Week: Pilgrim Group Generator

I'm going to let you know outright today's d30 download is far from perfect. Don't get me wrong... IMHO, it's a vast improvement over the number of rolls it takes (per 1e MM) to generate a group of pilgrims. The downside is, the process is so laborious and roll intensive, I'm having trouble getting it all to one page.

Let's start with the good news... the number of rolls is significantly reduced!
• Alignment, presence of monks, and presence of magic-users is now 1 roll (instead of 3).
• Size of group and whether it's mounted is now 1 roll (instead of 2).
• Number of clerics by level is now 1 roll (instead of 3).
• The presence and number of fighters and thieves is now 1 roll (instead of potentially 4 rolls).

And now the bad news...
• You're still on your own to generate the levels of as many as 10 fighters and 6 thieves, as well as any monk or magic-user. (I'm trying to find a way to do this that's similar to the way I handled sage major field disciplines, but can't seem to wrap my mind around it yet.)
• Also, I'm afraid the chart for # of fighters/thieves may be a tad confusing.

So here's my question... Does anyone actually ever use bands of pilgrims in their game?

To download a free PDF of this d30 Pilgrims Generator from MediaFire, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment