I think I'm really close to having a proof draft of the BX DMG. I need to complete the Spells & Magic section, and confirm all of my Appendix items, but I think I'll have the draft ready for my editing team to review. It's currently in final layout form, but has not art in place (because there's no art to put in place yet).
Yesterday, I did a pre-art page count and I'm just under 500 pages. I'll have to do a test print to see if that makes sense from a handling standpoint, or whether it should maybe be 2 volumes. I'm leaning toward the former. Anyway, here's what it's looking like.
- Basic Information (4 pp.)
- Character Information (19 pp.)
- Money & Equipment (18 pp.)
- Spells & Magic (12? pp.)
- Encounters, Action & Combat (29 pp.)
- Effects & Conditions (22 pp.)
- NPCs (11 pp.)
- Monsters (19 pp.)
- Treasure (17 pp.)
- Magic Items (36 pp.)
- The Adventure (24 pp.)
- The Dungeon (28 pp.)
- The Civilized World (30 pp.)
- The Wilderness (20 pp.)
- The Road (12 pp.)
- Lairs & Locations (41 pp.)
- Followers & Strongholds (32 pp.)
- Waterborne Adventures (33 pp.)
- The Planes of Existence (22 pp.)
- Deities & Demigods (8 pp.)
- Appendices (50? pp.)
Please note, the NPCs, Monsters, and Deities & Demigods section is all DM information for running and creating those things, and doesn't include any specific listings. The Magic Item section, however, is much more like the listings from the 1e DMG, with additional DM information.
Once the proof drafts are to my editing team, I'm going to hop back on the new d30 books and start working on all the illustrations. There's still a bit of editing to be done on the Humans & Humanoids book, but should still have these published in the next 6 months.
The BX DMG (or what I'm planning to call formally "The Classic Edition Dungeon Master's Handbook") is likely not going to be available until late 2027 or early 2028. W
Over the coming days, I'll start fleshing out the outline above with additional information on what's in each section. Stay tuned!

No comments:
Post a Comment